About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Visual Literacy: Ad Review (a week late)

So this is a week late, but I figure me posting it won't hurt me, so why not?
So this is clearly an ad for Dunkin' Donuts.  In recent years they have been trying to add more meal options besides breakfast.  This ad is a product of that effort, as I do not see a single food/drink item on here that one would normally eat for breakfast.  DD is advertising that this food is for someone with a busy lifestyle, but I think that they have missed the mark.  Only the sandwich appears to be something that can be eaten on the go (maybe if they put a lid on the iced tea, but who eats a personal pan pizza with one hand?)  The font choice, while it matches the DD brand, also doesn't have the connotation of a busy professional, parent, etc.  It's too clunky and feels to playful.  Maybe a sleeker choice would be better.  The same can be said for the colors.  There are a lot of oranges/browns/earthy colors in the food items, and yet the background is also orange.  A blue or cyan would cause the food to pop out more.  All in all, I'm not a fan of this ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment