About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Visual Literacy: Updated Resume

So I was having some difficulty coming up with a way to update my resume to make it more visually aesthetic.  I tried using serif/non-serif fonts for header/body texts.  I tried doing a double column sort of design, but that didn't leave me with a lot of room to adequately describe my roles in jobs.  So I turned to my classmates for some inspiration, and lo and behold, I found magic with the first blog I turned to, so many thanks to Jon!  I took an image of a treble clef and added it as a watermark to my resume, and I also made the headers a deep red to match my business card.  Now I think it looks more interesting while still maintaining a sense of professionalism.  I know that if I were an employer who saw this resume, I'd give it a second look.

No comments:

Post a Comment