About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Why am I wishing you a happy new year?

Well we've been celebrating Christmas since October, isn't it time to start celebrating New Years?
Just kidding...well only sort of.

We are now one day into Advent (I was going to start this yesterday...whoops...hey it's still December 2 in the Central Time Zone right?) which is the beginning of the liturgical year for Christians (is Advent akin to Rosh Hashanah?  I'll have to look into that).

Like Lent, Advent is a season of penitence that takes place through the four Sundays before Christmas as we wait for the birth of Jesus (but you all ready knew that).

And so to ring in the new liturgical year, I decided to start this blog.  Mostly cause I've started countless blogs that never seem to get off the ground and dammit I want to keep this up.  Advent is nothing if it isn't about hope.

On this blog, you'll find general musings from topics that range from Wesleyan theology to Star Wars and everything in between.

So here I am, wishing you a happy new year, and I welcome you to my little corner of the internet.  Sit back, relax, and make yourself at home.

Happy New Year!

And so until we meet again dear friends, may God hold you safely in the palm of God's hand

No comments:

Post a Comment