About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Twelve Stories Up

For the past...umm...x months (however many months it's been since August....I'm a music major. So sue me) I've been adjusting to life in an apartment. And aside from the joys of paying bills every month, it's been a real improvement over living in a dorm. I have my own living space (albeit I share it with three other guys, but still). I don't have to follow the rules and regulations of a dorm. I have so much more space. Its left me feeling larger than life. I'm a real person now.

Until tonight anyways.

You see, it was 70 degrees today in Washington, DC. That's right. 70 degrees. In December. 70 degrees (I cannot stress that enough).

So when I got home tonight, we had our balcony doors open to try to get the air flowing. I then proceeded to ask my apartmentmate (that's a word right?) if the window in his room was open. Turns out that it wasn't, and he went to open it and low and behold, there was no protective screen in the window. (We've lived in this apartment for...however many months...and we've just figured this out)

Anyways...

We live twelve stories up.

When you look down from a window where there is literally nothing protecting you that is twelve stories up, things are put into perspective.

Looking down from twelve stories up, leaves you feeling pretty small. And you know what? That's ok. From that height, you realize that it's not all about you and you can take in the majesty and grandeur of the creation around us.

And that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment