About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Lent 2

Blah. 

That's how I've felt all day. I don't know if it's the cold weather or if I just got up on the wrong side of the bed, but I've been just been in a foul mood today. I can't think of any one particular thing that was especially terrible. I guess part of it is that some of the things that I usually depend on to give me joy, left me feeling frustrated, so all I was left with was the tedium of my day-to-day life. 

As a result, I had a real difficult time figuring out what I was going to post today. It's tough to see God when you feel like you've got your own personal grey cloud following you darkening all the light. I thought about posting about my posessed heater that got me to go to the gym this morning. I thought about posting something about body positivity (I'm sure I'll get to that soon though). 

Yet as I look back on my day, I realize there was a glimmer of joy that burst through all the grey. I got a note that was absolutely lovely and affirming. I didn't know how much I was going to need it when I got it, but reading those words provides me with some clarity as to who  I'm called to be and gave me a moment of respite in this drear day. 

Today I saw God in kind, affirming words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment