About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lent 19

It's Sunday, and I feel there is no better way  to start my week than to be in worship with my campus ministry.  Today's worship was especially profound and meaningful.  I'm not quite sure why, it just was.  Our campus minister is preaching a Lenten sermon series entitled "Lost in the Wilderness" (I know, I get Children of Eden stuck in my head too) in which we explore the different wildernesses we experience in our lives.  We're covering the wilderness of want, despair, tragedy, loneliness, and betrayal.

It's a really uplifting series.

Anyways, today we discussed the wilderness of tragedy.  In the wakes of the tragedies akin to the Newtown shooting, where do we find God?  And  I don't know, it was a sermon I really needed to hear.  There aren't any tragedies happening in my life right now (thank God) but I still found the sermon to be really comforting.

Today I saw God in a well-timed sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment