About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lent 22

One more day. I can do it...

Today we had quintet testing in Chamber Singers. Quintet testing, according to the vast majority of Chamber Singers, is a cruel form of torture in violation of no less than six stipulations set forth by the Geneva Council. In actuality, one person from each part stands up and sings a random section of the repertoire. It makes sure that everyone knows their part. So we get to the middle of Chamber Singers, and not only are people doing well, they are eagerly volunteering to go up. It wound up being a really strong rehearsal, and I'm glad we're coming together as an ensemble to make some really good music. Today I saw God in a well-prepared choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment