About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lent 35

I'm going to be up all night tonight.  I have an abstract/annotated bibliography due for History of Music 1 tomorrow at 11:45am and I'm just getting started (luckily I have a preliminary bibliography to springboard off of).

That's not my God sighting though.

In case you hadn't noticed, we're getting really close to Easter.  Holy Week starts on Sunday.  For those who have no idea what working in a church setting is like, Holy Week is sort of what hell week is for theater people.  Over the course of Palm Sunday to Easter, I have eleven church services to work at/attend (three on Palm Sunday, two on Maundy Thursday, one on Good Friday, one Midnight Vigil, and four on Easter Sunday).

I'm going to need another spring break.

And yet, our UMSA is really on top of its game.  We had one of the most productive meetings in recent memory tonight.  Everything is planned.  Hymns are chosen.  Musicians have been secured.  Potluck assignments have been made (at least for the staples).  Holy Week may be long this year, but at least we're prepared for it.

Today, I saw God in UMSA leaders who know how to get shit done.

No comments:

Post a Comment