About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent 1

Every student who takes music lessons at American University has to take a class called Applied Music Performance Lab, which is basically a fancy name for students listen to their peers perform music for an hour and 15 minutes.  Today, was the preview for the annual Concerto and Aria competition (a competition to perform a solo concerto or aria with the AU Symphony Orchestra the following fall), which is being held this weekend.  So I got to watch my peers, some of who have been preparing these pieces for the better part of a year, have one last performance before the show.  I saw God today in their passion and dedication for their art and their willingness to go above and beyond for the love of music.

For an explanation of what's going on, check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment