About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shrove Tuesday

Today is the last day in the season of Epiphany.  Tomorrow, Lent starts.

Lent, of course, is the period of 40 days (minus sundays) that lead up to Christ's passion, death, and ultimately, his resurrection.  It is a season of penitence, a season of reflection, and a season of fasting.  Christians typically give something up during Lent.  Things like chocolate, soda, sweets, television, and other things which may be considered to be a vice.

I'm going to do something a little bit different this year.

In the campus ministry that I'm involved with at AU, we have a tradition in worship where anyone in the congregation is invited to share an instance where they have seen God at work in their lives or in someone else's life.  We call these testimonials "God Sightings".

Recognizing that I have let this blog fall by the wayside during Epiphany, I am going to commit myself to looking at the world around me as miraculous and God infused throughout Lent, and I will make one post per day (even on Sundays) in which I share a God Sighting.

Enjoy your pancakes today folks, and may you have a blessed Lenten season.

-ICU

No comments:

Post a Comment