About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lent 9

So I'm generally not a fan of the Epistles.  Well, it's not that I don't like them, I just don't think they should be biblical canon.  What makes them so special that we have to give them the same weight as the Hebrew Scriptures or the Gospels?  What do other writings written since that period lack that says they cannot be considered "Holy Scripture".

So this semester I (with the assistance of one of the pastoral interns and another student in the campus ministry) have been studying the Epistles to find out just that.  We've been meeting once a week on Thursday evenings and just going through them chapter by chapter.  We laugh, we learn, and we grow in faith together.  While I can't say that my mind has been changed (yet), I can certainly say that I appreciate where Paul is coming from now that I understand the context of his writings.

Today, I saw God in learning from the Scriptures.

For an explanation of what's going on, check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment