About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Lent 3

Today was very much a "look at all of the fucks I give" sort of day.  It's Friday, which means I not only had three classes to go to (two of which are jokes), but I also had two separate Kay shifts.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love working at Kay, but it made for a loooong Friday.  As a result, I had no idea what I was going to post as my God Sighting for the day.

(I should mention, that just because today was a long day, doesn't necessarily mean that it was bad.  On the contrary, it was actually a good day all things considered.  Got to have free pizza, reconnect with a friend who's in town for a short while, hang out with the s'Methodists, etc).

My whole time walking home in the bone chilling rain, I was thinking hard about where I saw God today.  I was actually close to posting something about seeing God's providence in the umbrella that I found in Kay before I left work.  But as I walked into the apartment building, I remembered that I had a package waiting for me.

So I went to the desk and picked up my package and brought it upstairs to my apartment, and when I opened it, it was full of glorious pantry essentials.  Macaroni and cheese, pasta, brownie mix, chicken noodle soup, chocolates, peanut butter, Girl Scout cookies (THIN MINTS), everything a guy in college could possibly want.

There was also a very nice card from my mother in it for Valentine's Day, which put a smile on my face.

So this post's for you mom.  I saw God today in the package you sent me (which means I don't have to go to the store for a while) and all that you do for me and my brother (my brother and I?).  Thanks a lot, and happy (late) Valentine's Day!

For an explanation of what's going on, check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment