About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lent 2

So last week for our Healing Service, one of our pastoral interns served us a Moravian Lovefeast instead of the regular sacrament of communion (our chaplain was ill and the intern isn't ordained yet).

He opened the ritual by explaining to us that much of Christ's ministry was centered around meals.  He ate with the Pharisees.  He ate with the tax collectors.  He ate with the prostitutes.

After that last one, my roommate burst out laughing.

Anyways, today I had the joy of sharing a meal with some fellow Chamber Singers at the AU Tavern.  One of the members of Chamber Singers has an unlimited meal plan, so he paid for our meals.  And when we all sat down, he took a picture of us because he had broken a record of number of meal swipes he shared with his friends (there were eight or nine of us).

I saw God in his generosity and eagerness to help foster group bonding and fellowship this evening.

For an explanation of what's going on, check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment