About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lent 5

Sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm doing.  It often feels that the Church as an institution has lost its way.  It often feels as if the Church can be more concerned with raising pledges and maintaining the status quo than going out and spreading the gospel of love, mercy, and justice.

But then I look at my campus ministry, and I realize that there is hope for the Church.

Today, eight college students (okay, seven college student and one seminary intern) return from a service trip to the Jersey Shore.  They worked with Habitat for Humanity to aid in the hurricane relief efforts.  This service trip was entirely planned and facilitated by the college students who went on it.

Today I saw God in the passion of 8 students dedicated to social justice.  I saw God in 8 students so fiercely dedicated to spreading God's love, that they gave up a weekend to do it.  They inspire me to stay on this path.

For an explanation of what's going on, check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment