About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lent 11

I solemnly swear that I will never bust The Eagle's chops for forgetting to post rants again.

At least I'm only 40 minutes late tonight.

Today was the Founders' Day Ball here at American University. I'm generally not a fan of big dances or the like, so I didn't go. Tickets were hard enough to get as it was. My roommate on the other hand is in a relationship, and because of that he had to go (lest his girlfriend read this, I'm sure he also wanted to go, but that's neither here nor there). So he's getting ready and me and my other roommate realize that he has no idea what he's doing.

He didn't tie a Windsor Knot
He didn't shine his shoes
He then got shoe polish on the one tie, so he had to get another
He didn't have collar stays
His socks had holes in them for crying out loud!

Basically, he was a hot mess

Luckily, we were able to intervene in the nick of time and we got him out the door in a fashion that was deserving of the formal event he was attending.

I saw God in that today. In two roommates helping out another one who was open and receptive to help.

Here's hope some of that sticks when he has to go to the White House Press Corps Dinner in 20 years.

For an explanation of what's going on, check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment