About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Lent 13

I think I've mentioned once or twice that I'm a pretty die-hard Methodist. As a result, Annual Conference is something that I look forward to every year (probably because I'm a masochist). Sure, you have to suffer through things like finance reports, and Robert's Rules, and sometimes frustrating and contentious debates, but it's also pretty much the only time in the year when I get to see some pretty cool people. 

Of course, I'm talking about the young adults leaders of the conference. In the past year, we've been consolidated into a full-fledged, officially recognized group of the conference. Because of this, we get to do things like plan worship services and hold workshops at Annual Conference and get funding from the Conference to plan and hold events throughout the year. We also get to update the conference with what we've been up to in the past year by submitting a report to be included in the pre-conference materials, and I, the die-hard/borderline masochistic Methodist that I am, volunteered to write this report. 

Now, just because I'm a Methodist nerd doesn't mean I'm well-organized. So of course I had put this task off until the very last minute (thank God I got a reminder in the form of a Facebook message).

After I got the reminder, I spent some time looking at the things our group has done in the past year, and let me tell you, the young adults of Upper New York are totally kicking butt and taking names. We're growing and strengthening our bonds of community, and we have some awesome things planned. I'm not going to say we're the best conference committee (mostly because this is the only one I serve on) but it wouldn't surprise me if we're up there. God is doing some incredible things through the Upper New York young adults, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Today, I saw God in the work and ministry of the young adults of Upper New York. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment