About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lent 14

I briefly mentioned yesterday that this is my Reading Week.  For those who don't know, Reading Week is the equivalent of Spring Break at Wesley.  The intent of Reading Week is that students can catch up on any reading/assignments they have.  In order to do this, classes are cancelled for a week.

That said, Wesley's offices are still open, so I still have to show up to work.  AU's Spring Break is next week, so I still have Chamber Singers.  And obviously, Metro doesn't cancel activities for a week, so I still have to show up for my responsibilities there.  Given all of that, I'm not really getting a break this week.  I have something going on every day this week.

I guess not being able to take a real break is one of the perks of adulthood.

It's not all bad though.  Because I didn't have class tonight, I was able to visit with one of my emeritus roommates and catch up.  We had dinner at Nando's, and talked about work, and school, and families, and life in general.  A good time was had by all (even if our visit was cut short by the fire alarm going off).  Sure, I don't get a real break, but I'm glad that I have more time to catch up with my friends this week than usual.

Today, I saw God in a visit with a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment