About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Lent 24

The past two weeks have been weird. I mentioned before that last week was Reading Week at Wesley, which means that classes were cancelled. I also mentioned that even though I didn't have to go to class, the combination of work, homework, and Chamber Singers kept me way too busy to have an actual break.

This past week was Spring Break at AU. That shouldn't affect a normal Wesley student, but because Chamber Singers is through AU, and I frequently attend other AU events (especially the ones that will give this poor grad student a free meal): this week has been surprisingly free. 

So for the past two weeks, I've been in a "break but not really a break" mode. 

One of the weekly AU events that I usually attend is Free Food Friday. It's a pretty self-explanatory event. It's free food on a Friday. Anyways, even though that there were likely not going to be any college students around, the power that be decided to have it anyways (so, yay free food for Ian!). 

And of course, no undergraduate college students showed up, so it wound up being myself, some interns, and a couple adults. And we were still able to have good conversation and fellowship. I was able to get some clarity on PMM. And I was able to get free food. It was good for my soul, my belly, and my bank account!

Today, I saw God in my ability to still have free food on a Friday. 















No comments:

Post a Comment