About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lent 16

I've mentioned before on this series that I have a propensity for procrastination.  This sometimes gets me into big trouble.  Take today for example.

Today my application for GBHEM scholarships and my take-home exam for Hebrew Bible were both due.  Fortunately, the only thing I had to write for the scholarship application was a 200-word essay (which is nothing for this grad student).  I was able to knock that out (and by "knock that out" I mean craft a well-written and meaningful 200-word essay) in about 30 minutes.  That left me with about twelve hours to write over 3,000 words on a variety of topics that ranged from the succession narrative, to marriage imagery in Hosea (spoiler alert, it's problematic and complicated).

And by the grace of God, I was able to do it.  I literally just hit the submit button on blackboard with less than an hour to spare (kids, don't try this at home).  And now I can go to sleep.

Today, I saw God in accomplishing nothing short of a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment