About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lent 36

Surprise reunions are the best reunions.

Today, one of the childhood friends of one of my friends from college (she's one of my bros) happened to be passing through DC on a choir tour.  Anyways, he (my friend's friend) has typically visited her (my friend—we're all clear on that now, right?) here in DC each year she has been here (typically over his spring break).  She would bring him around and introduce him to all her DC friends while visiting, which is how he came to be my friend.  Over the few times we've interacted, we've bonded over our love of musical theater, so that made befriending each other pretty easy.

Anyways, like I said, he happened to be in DC today on a choir tour, and he joined my friend at the church for the free dinner the church gives to those who go to bible study, so I got to see him!  It was completely unexpected and wonderful and we almost burst out into a rendition of "Agony!" from Into the Woods.  He was only in town this time for a short period of time, so I'm glad that I got to have seen him.

Today I saw God in a surprise reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment