About Me

My photo
My name is Ian. Sometimes I write things.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lent 33

When I was in high school, there were a number of times when my mom would let me sleep in and either go to school late or not go to school that day.  Her reasoning was that if my body was telling me I needed sleep, then I needed sleep (not to mention the fact that nobody should have to sit through Algebra 2 at 7:30 in the morning).  I like to think that I didn't abuse that priviledge too often, but clearly I wasn't negatively affected by missing those days of school.  In fact, I'm probably better off because of being able to have gotten that extra sleep.

I say all this, because ever since the clocks changed a couple weeks ago, I haven't been sleeping that well.  Before the clocks changed, I would frequently fall asleep before midnight, but now I've been having trouble falling asleep at all.  Now, I'm not going to blame it all on Daylight Saving Time (although it still is really stupid #stillbitter).  These past couple of weeks have also been pretty stressful with midterms/papers/assignments/etc, enough so that my sleep schedule has gotten out of whack.

What I'm saying is, I needed sleep pretty badly today.  And so, remembering the words of my mom, I caved in and took a nap this afternoon.  I don't usually like to take naps (because I worry that it will keep me from falling asleep that night), but as I was laying in my bed watching a documentary on superheroes, my body was telling me I needed to sleep.  So I listened, and it was glorious.  It was just what I needed, and given that I'm yawning pretty hard while writing this, I don't think that I'm going to have any trouble falling asleep tonight.  

Today, I saw God in a much needed nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment